HADD Suggested Reading Resources
Books for parents
- “Taking Charge of ADHD”, Russell Barkley, Guildford Press, 2000.
- “The Hyperactive Child, a Parent’s Guide” by Professor Eric Taylor (Vermilion 1994)
- “Understanding ADHD” by Christopher Green, Vermilion, 1994
- “A Parent's Guide to Attention Deficit Disorders”. Bain, LJ. New York. Dell Publishing. 1991
- “Attention, Please!: A comprehensive Guide for Successfully Parenting Children with Attention Disorders and Hyperactivity”. Copeland, E and Love, V. Atlanta, GA:SPI: Press, 1991
- “Maybe you know my kid: A Parent’s Guide to Identifying, Understanding, and Helping your Child with ADHD” Fowler MC. New York: Birch Lane Press ,1990.
- “Hyperactivity Why Won’t My Child Pay Attention? Complete Guide to ADD for parents, teachers and health care professionals” by Dr’s Sam and Michael Goldstein.
- “The ADHD Handbook – For Parents and Professionals” by Dr. Alison Munden and Dr. Jon Arcleus, Jessica Kingsley Publishing, 1999
- “Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: A multidisciplinary approach”. Henry K. Holowenko, published by Jessica Kingsley, London
- “Understanding girls with AD/HD”, Kathleen Nadeau, PhD, Ellen Littman, PhD, and Patrician Quinn, MD, Advantage Books, 2001
- “Give your ADD Teen a Chance” Lynn Weiss Pinon Press , 1996
- “How to talk so kids will listen & listen so kids will talk” by Adele Faber. Avon books 1999
- “Understanding Motor Skills in Children with Dyspraxia, ADHD, Autism and other Learning Disabilities: A guide to improving Coordination” by Lisa A. Kurtz. Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 2008.
Books for teachers / educators
- “How to teach and manage children with ADHD” by Fintan O’Regan. LDA Publishing. Distributed by Outside the Box Learning Resources. Tel: 045 856344
- “Attention/Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder – A Practical guide for teachers”. Paul Cooper and Catherine Ideus
- “ADD: Practical activities in school”. Tony Attwood
- “Teaching Teens With ADD and ADHD: A Quick Reference Guide for Teachers and Parents”, Chris A. Zeigler Dendy, MS, Woodbine House, 2003
- See internet resources also
Books for children
- Galvin M: Otto Learns About His Medicine. New York. Magination Press, 1988. Up to 3rd grade
- “Shelley, The Hyperactive Turtle” by Deborah Moss for ages 3-7, Woodbine House
- “Eagle Eyes: A Child’s View of Attention Deficit Disorder” by Jeanne Gehret, M.A. For ages 5+.
- “Putting on the brakes” by Patricia Quinn M.D. & Judith Stern M.A. for ages 8-12.
- “The Putting on the brakes activity book for Young People”, by Patricia Quinn, for ages 8-12.
- “Learning to Slow down and Pay Attention – A book for kids about ADD”. By Kathleen G. Nadeau, Ph.D and Ellen B. Dixon, Ph.D – from grades 4-8
- “Cory Stories: A Kid’s Book About Living with ADHD.” By Jeanne Kraus. Magination Press, 2002.
- “50 Activities and Games for Kids with ADHD” by Patricia O. Quinn and Judith M. Stern. Magination Press, 2000.